This graphic is from a picture I took of a card I received at church today. It signifies the process of overcoming our sense of separation (i.e. sin) from God. I found this especially meaningful because of I butted up against the idea of sin and what it signifies a few times this weekend. I talk about this in greater depth in this week’s podcast “Sin, Repentance and a Sunday Morning Altar Call.”
The short version of the steps are as follows:
- God loves you and wants to have a relationship with you.
- Your sin separates you from God.
- Nothing we do can bridge that gap.
- Jeus Christ, God’s Son, died on the cross for your sins and rose again.
- What will you do with the gift?
*For more on my church (Parker Hill Church in Northeast PA) or to listen to the many wonderful Parker Hill sermons available online please visit ParkerHill.org.